• Golf: Qualified for U.S. Junior Amateur; Junior World; first-team All-Conference, four years; All-State, three years; second-first at Regional High School Tournament; first-second at Regional High School Tournament; 10th-, fifth-, and fourth-place finishes at CHSSA state tournament; fifth-place finish at Nationals. Optimist International.
Work experience: Raccoon Creek cart staff
• Current GPA: 3.6
• Multiple AP and honors courses including AP Calculus this year
• Make it on PGA Tour — tour with Tiger Woods
• Graduate college with a degree in business
• Hard worker
• Outgoing personality
• Able to zone things out and focus on task
Obstacles, and strategies for overcoming them: I played poorly for a year prior to senior year, but I overcame the adversity and took fourth in state. I relaxed and did not worry as much. I played a song in my head to keep my mind off of everything.
Advice for younger golfers: Don’t stress if you play bad … keep plugging along and do your best. Don’t freak out.
Special thanks to: Donald Allen, Greg Shakespeare, Chris Johnson, Derek Tolan and Scott Burroughs.