Jefferson County Open Space unveiled a list of goals for 2013, including building 4 miles of natural surface trail on South Table Mountain.
Amy Ito, manager of park planning and construction, outlined the plans in a study session at the monthly meeting of the Open Space Advisory Committee on Nov. 1.
The $3.45 million budget includes $1.4 million to complete a design/build contract for 4 miles of the Peaks to Plains trail from Mayhem Gulch west to Clear Creek County along Clear Creek.
Separately, the division shows $2.2 million in the proposed budget for land acquisitions.
As outlined in earlier meetings, the division is concentrating this year on a makeover of Crown Hill Park in Arvada, one of the system’s most visited parks.
Open Space also plans to open the porch, the great room and the dining area of historic Baehrden Lodge in Pine Valley Ranch Park to the public for the first time.
In Reynolds Park the division will spend about $30,000 to complete the remaining 3.3 miles of the 9-mile trail connecting Reynolds Park to the Colorado Trail on the South Platte River.
Jefferson County Open Space 2013 projects
(Source: Jefferson County Open Space Nov. 1, 2012)
• South Table Mountain: $50,000; build 3.8 miles of natural surface trail: Old Quarry, Molten and Lava Loop.
• Reynolds Park: $30,000; complete remaining 3.3 miles of 9-mile North Fork Trail connecting Reynolds Park to the Colorado Trail on the South Platte River.
• Matthews/Winters: $20,000; construct trail connection to Colorado Trail.
• Clear Creek Canyon: $1.4 million; secure design/build contract for 4 miles of Peaks to Plains Trail with Clear Creek County.
• Apex Park: $400,000; complete design and begin construction of the trailhead improvements, including restroom.
• Crown Hill: $900,000; replace restroom; build three “Nature Places” and fresh-air fitness area; complete design and construct park shelter; natural surface trail upgrades throughout the park.
• Pine Valley Ranch: $110,000; open Baehrden Lodge, the porch, great room and dining area to the public.
• South Table Mountain: $400,000; construct Quaker Street trailhead, paved road, parking, kiosk and temporary restroom
• Mount Falcon: $70,000; create trailhead site plan for west parking lot.
• Matthews/Winters: $70,000; create trailhead site plan for the parking lot,
• Clear Creek Canyon: no estimate; develop a trail and recreation plan for the Welch Ditch, from the mouth of the canyon to Tunnel No. 1.
• System-wide: no estimate; develop park trailhead standards; master plan development and adoption.