The Parker mother of three who was paddleboarding at Chatfield Reservoir on Friday when a sudden storm hit has died.
Dr. Hope Cassel, 45, was found unresponsive in the water near the Chatfield swim beach after the storm, according to Jeffco sheriff’s spokesman Mark Techmeyer. Cassel had been on a paddleboard outing with her three sons and one of their friends when high winds, hail and lightning hit the area about 1 p.m.
• Club USA at Wadsworth and Belleview
• Safeway at Kipling and Belleview
• Walgreens at Simms and Belleview
• Circle K at Bowles and Alkire
• Walmart at Bowles and Alkire
• Corner Store at Bowles and Alkire
• The Peak Rec Center at Ward and Simms
• 7-Eleven at Ken Caryl and Shaffer Parkway
• King Soopers at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Walgreens at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Corner Store at Kipling and Chatfield