The Jeffco school board on Thursday evening unanimously approved a 10-month contract with the district’s teachers union.
The contract — which was negotiated between school district representatives and Jefferson County Education Association bargaining team members over more than 150 hours since early spring — has been criticized by union leadership for its short duration.
Members of Jeffco’s teachers union have voted to approve a 10-month contract with the school district, a news release reports.
Members of the Jefferson County Education Association began voting on the streamlined 10-month contract at an Aug. 21 all-members meeting, and announced the results in a news release Wednesday. Union bargainers were unhappy with the relatively short duration of the contract but said in earlier sessions they didn’t think the school board would approve a longer agreement.
• Club USA at Wadsworth and Belleview
• Safeway at Kipling and Belleview
• Walgreens at Simms and Belleview
• Circle K at Bowles and Alkire
• Walmart at Bowles and Alkire
• Corner Store at Bowles and Alkire
• The Peak Rec Center at Ward and Simms
• 7-Eleven at Ken Caryl and Shaffer Parkway
• King Soopers at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Walgreens at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Corner Store at Kipling and Chatfield