The federal government has abandoned plans to convert parts of a Lakewood office building to house up to 1,000 undocumented immigrant children, citing both time and money challenges.
The Administration of Children and Families had planned to use the Government Services Administration building at the Denver Federal Center as temporary housing for children in a program for minors who arrived in the U.S. without a parent or adult family member. The agency initially said the facility would be ready by April.
• Club USA at Wadsworth and Belleview
• Safeway at Kipling and Belleview
• Walgreens at Simms and Belleview
• Circle K at Bowles and Alkire
• Walmart at Bowles and Alkire
• Corner Store at Bowles and Alkire
• The Peak Rec Center at Ward and Simms
• 7-Eleven at Ken Caryl and Shaffer Parkway
• King Soopers at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Walgreens at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Corner Store at Kipling and Chatfield