A baby was dropped off at a West Metro Fire station Tuesday morning by a couple who said they’d been given the infant at a store in Lakewood.
The middle-aged couple brought the baby, which was in good health, to West Metro’s Station 1 in Lakewood. West Metro firefighter/paramedics transported the baby to an area hospital for medical care.
The Colorado legislature passed a safe haven law in 2000 that allows for a parent to drop off an unharmed child to a hospital or fire station within 72 hours of being born.
• Club USA at Wadsworth and Belleview
• Safeway at Kipling and Belleview
• Walgreens at Simms and Belleview
• Circle K at Bowles and Alkire
• Walmart at Bowles and Alkire
• Corner Store at Bowles and Alkire
• The Peak Rec Center at Ward and Simms
• 7-Eleven at Ken Caryl and Shaffer Parkway
• King Soopers at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Walgreens at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Corner Store at Kipling and Chatfield