Crews from West Metro Fire contained two blazes on Green Mountain in Lakewood early Monday. As of Monday afternoon, the fire department had reported that its investigators said both fires are suspicious, however there is no official cause released.
According to West Metro spokeswoman Ronda Scholting, the first fire was on the north side of the mountain. It was reported about 1:30 a.m., and ended up burning about 1.7 acres, she said. The second was on the east side and started about 5 a.m., charring approximately 5.8 acres.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Columbine Courier, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Columbine Courier and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.
Due to current dry conditions, high risk of wildfire and limited availability of resources, stage 1 fire restrictions were enacted in Jefferson County at 6 p.m. Thursday by the Sheriff's Office.
According to Sheriff Jeff Schrader, the restrictions apply to areas west of Highway 93, west of C-470, south and west of the intersection of Wadsworth Boulevard and C-470 and west of the South Platte River.
• Club USA at Wadsworth and Belleview
• Safeway at Kipling and Belleview
• Walgreens at Simms and Belleview
• Circle K at Bowles and Alkire
• Walmart at Bowles and Alkire
• Corner Store at Bowles and Alkire
• The Peak Rec Center at Ward and Simms
• 7-Eleven at Ken Caryl and Shaffer Parkway
• King Soopers at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Walgreens at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Corner Store at Kipling and Chatfield