Peggy Farrar defeated three other candidates in Tuesday's election to win the only contested seat on the board of the Foothills Park & Recreation District.
Farrar was declared the winner in Ward 2 on Tuesday night in an unofficial result posted on the district’s website. Farrar defeated incumbent Michael Bielkiewicz, as well as Chris Crippen and Scott Kennerly.
Voters on Tuesday chose incumbent Kristina Moeder to continue serving on the board of the West Metro Fire Protection District in the only contested race.
Two other incumbents, Pam Feely and Wendy Volmerran, ran unopposed.
Moeder defeated challenger Michael Williams 186 votes to 64. Feely and Volmer received 224 and 216 votes, respectively.
In her campaign, Moeder pointed to the need for ensuring financial security for the district, as well as firefighter safety by providing apparatus and equipment.
• Club USA at Wadsworth and Belleview
• Safeway at Kipling and Belleview
• Walgreens at Simms and Belleview
• Circle K at Bowles and Alkire
• Walmart at Bowles and Alkire
• Corner Store at Bowles and Alkire
• The Peak Rec Center at Ward and Simms
• 7-Eleven at Ken Caryl and Shaffer Parkway
• King Soopers at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Walgreens at Ken Caryl and Simms
• Corner Store at Kipling and Chatfield